The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, web apps from layout to function and according to a client's specifications. Strive to create visually appealing web apps that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Plans websites and apps design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Work closely with application developers, graphics artists and product managers to guide software user interface development for various products with different specifications.
- Prepares site/app by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Upgrades site/app by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Protects site/app by designing and installing security precautions.
- Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Ensure project timelines and quarterly goals are met.
- Present user interface concepts and design approaches clearly and convincingly.
- Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across varying audiences.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Strong expertise with design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Flash and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various clients.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written.